Winamp, force mono output

29 09 2006
In the options menu open the preference windows (press Ctrl + P), on the left pane scroll down to DSP/Effect and select on the right pane Nullsoft Signal Processing Studio. Click on the Configure Active Plugin button, click New, give a name to the preset , check Enable Processing and in the field Per Sample (or sample pair) write:

If you need both channels on the right side

spl1=(spl0+spl1)/2;
spl0=0;

If you need both channels on the left side

spl0=(spl1+spl0)/2;
spl1=1;

Save and close
winamp_ references
Winamp Preferences.
winamp_ references
Nullsoft Signal Processing Studio

Actions

Informations

24 responses to “Winamp, force mono output”

29 08 2008
Drew (07:51:18) :

Thanks man, this is the only useful information on the subject I have found so far.

Jual vans authentic full black Reply:

this is the only useful information

17 10 2008
Paul (05:01:39) :

If you want the same signal through both channels set it to this: spl0=(spl0+spl1)/2; spl1=spl0;

Caleb Reply:

I want the same signal through both channels. Thank you. I use this (spl0=(spl0+spl1)/2; spl1=spl0;) because it is what I was looking for. Sometimes I’m irritated by stereo, monaural music feels more symetrical.

22 04 2009
rob guest (21:25:18) :

that’s a great help, thanks!

25 04 2009
Sminster Dome (15:36:43) :

I don’t know about you guys, but the code did not work for me. Doing a little experimenting-&-testing I came up with a revised version of it, and it definitely works in my case. (first, remember that “spl0″ & “spl1″ are: “SPL0″ & “SPL1″…NOT: “SP10″ & “SP11″–the LETTER ‘l’ is often confused with the NUMBER ’1′…[but the zero is always a zero]) ENTER THE FOLLOWING–character-by-character with no spaces & always ending each line with a semicolon: spl0=spl0; spl1=spl1; mono=((spl0+spl1)/2); spl1=mono; spl0=mono;

John Reply:

Thank you!! This worked, after fucking around for ages and many pages trying to find a proper solution to this problem you give me an answer! Thanks =D

Monk Reply:

One more thing – this thing doesn’t work on MIDI-files. Nothing seems to work, not even the “force mono”. So if a MIDI-song has the bass on the left channel only, there’s no way to make it sound from both channels.. listening to something like that with earphones, argh. Does anyone know any trick that would work with MIDI-files also?

15 06 2009
Jason (12:07:07) :

Great stuff mate. Worked like a charm and the images made it bullet proof!

4 08 2009
Jon (19:50:36) :

Try this: Winamp : Preferences : Playback : Force Mono

21 04 2010
marco (10:07:20) :

Thankssssssssssssssss!

1 05 2010
Vikram (06:48:31) :

Winamp : Preferences : Playback : Force Mono the simplest one.

Francesco Reply:

Right, haven’t used winamp in a long time but few sub-versions ago that wasn’t an option so… :-)

19 05 2010
Kız giydirme (06:47:07) :

weryg good sites denkay ferturty sevgolk…

1 06 2010
Blaine (02:27:45) :

the force mono one is not available in my winamp. but the other method works

28 06 2010
iTzKiRA (08:41:34) :

the ‘force mono’ option doesn’t works for me but this method works, Thanks :D

25 07 2010
doveris (00:32:16) :

Muchas gracias, me sirvió mucho. Es que me quedé con un solo parlante bueno y necesitaba sonido en mono. Saludos.

22 11 2011
Pablo (21:49:37) :

Works like a charm !!!! :D Thanks man

25 03 2012
Monk (18:07:22) :

Thank you for this useful information! Sminster Dome’s example works beautifully – I wanted both channels to play the same signal, and now it finally does! Why? Well.. try to play TFMX files with Winamp (there is a plugin for it) while using headphones to listen to it, and you will know. Amiga has an ‘extreme stereo’, where half the channels exist on the left channel, and the other half on the right channel, so using headphones with Amiga music without some sort of forced mono is torture. I know it has the ‘enable stereo blending’ option, but that only improves the situation slightly, it doesn’t completely do the trick. But the information on this page does – thank you all, especially Sminster Dome! - Monk

27 07 2012
Bertex (14:10:04) :

O tak pjn to kompletna porazka!

24 12 2012
Jader (20:19:14) :

exelente!!! resolveu a questao de deixar mono, o som das duas caixas saindo em uma só e voce ainda escolhendo em qual lado irá sair! Greeeeat solve my problem with let the sound goes mono in only one soundbox

10 04 2013
glass repair in tigard (05:17:06) :

Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My blog goes over a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Wonderful blog by the way!

6 05 2013
EdSaver (17:01:30) :

GRACIASSSSSSSSS!!!! MUITO ABRIGADO!!!! THANKS!!!! DOMO-ARIGATO!!!

31 07 2013
how to get a free iphone 4s (04:06:59) :

Hi there, the whole thing is going well here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s truly good, keep up writing.